Revolutionary Guards Political Directorate Chief Yadollah Javani explains the new role of the Basij in countering "soft threats against the regime": and inadvertently lays out the road-map which must be persued by the opposition to the regime.
"Goals of the 'Cultural NATO' can be described in the following issues:
1. Intimidation of the Iranian nation in order to weaken the spirit of resistance
2. Imposition of apathy and hopelessness
3. Islamophobia, Iran-phobia and Shi'a-phobia
4. Spread of libertarianism, immorality and materialism,
5. Spread of secularism, democracy and values of Western liberal democracy
6. Countering religious and sectarian culture
7. Suppression of the culture of martyrdom seeking and self sacrifice
8. Worsening of sectarian and ethnic conflicts
9. Creating a crisis of trust between the people and the authorities...
See also "Three Decades with General Mobilization.”